Access thousands of ebooks, eaudiobooks, eMagazines, and videos 24/7 for all ages with your CAPL card through Digital Library of Illinois (aka Libby). You can search for specific titles or browse by category and curated lists.
eBooks and eaudiobooks can be placed on hold if no copies are available. Magazine are available instantly. While reading you can bookmark, adjust text size and appearance, and more.
Download the Libby app to your device: Apple App Store | Google Play
NOTICE: The original OverDrive app is being discontinued May 1, 2023. To continue to use our Digital Library of Illinois collection, you must download and use the Libby app. If you need help with this switch, you can schedule a one-on-one session with staff (in person or virtually).
Accessibility features in Libby:
- Read From Here—an ebook reading interface tailored specifically to screen readers
- Keyboard shortcuts for the ereader and audio player, including a Commands dialog that lists all possible commands and their shortcuts
- Dynamic scaling of interface text, using the settings you have configured for the operating system or the browser
- Configurable appearance settings for ebook pages, including text scaling, sepia and dark page styles, and typographic controls including the OpenDyslexic font, line spacing, text justification, boldface text weight
- Zoom into pages in fixed-layout ebooks (like picture books) and magazines—up to 3.5x magnification
- Playback speed controls for audiobooks—48 speed settings between 0.6x and 3x
- Dark Mode support for operating systems or browsers that provide this option
Learn more about Libby’s accessibility features on Libby Help
New to downloading and need assistance? Schedule a one-on-one session with staff.